Is this ACV gummy study legit or just hype? Need opinions!

MangoMia976September 14, 2026
M
MangoMia976
Sep 14, 2026, 06:05 PM

Hey everyone! I've been taking apple cider vinegar gummies for a few months now and I swear they help with my digestion. But then I saw this new study (PMID: 12345678) that says ACV gummies don't actually do anything for weight loss. I'm so confused! Has anyone else read it? Do you think it's biased? I mean, who funded it? Big Pharma probably wants us to buy their drugs instead. I'm trying to stay natural here. Any thoughts?

Q
QuantumQuincy524
Sep 14, 2026, 07:03 PM

I cook with ACV all the time, and I've tried the gummies too. Honestly, I think the study might be onto something. The amount of ACV in gummies is way less than a tablespoon of actual vinegar. Plus, they add sugar and stuff. But hey, if it works for you, who cares? I'd say check who funded the study. If it's a supplement company, take it with a grain of salt. If it's independent, maybe more reliable. Also, PMID 12345678? That number looks off. Can you link it?

N
NectarNina431
Sep 14, 2026, 07:11 PM

As a mom of three, I'm all about natural remedies, but I'm also skeptical of quick fixes. I read that study, and it seemed pretty legit to me. They did a randomized controlled trial, which is gold standard. But the sample size was small. I think the gummies are fine as a placebo, but don't expect miracles. My kids love the taste though! I just wish they'd publish more research on long-term effects. Maybe we should all email the researchers and ask for the full text? lol.

F
FloraFinn938
Sep 15, 2026, 12:02 AM

Dude, I'm a crossfit junkie and I've tried everything. ACV gummies? Not gonna cut it for real results. That study is probably just another reason to stick to whole foods. If you want ACV benefits, just drink the stuff diluted. But I get it, gummies are convenient. I wouldn't trust any study funded by a company that makes gummies. Look for independent research. Also, check if the study was on rats or humans. Sometimes these headlines exaggerate. Stay strong and lift heavy!

M
MangoMia976
Sep 14, 2026, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to find the full study. I think it was funded by a university, but I'm not sure. I'll post the link when I get home. @FloraFinn938, I do drink ACV sometimes but the gummies are easier on my stomach. Maybe I'll just keep taking them for the placebo effect. lol.