Weird side effect from ACV gummies? Not what I expected

FuelFrank856September 11, 2026
F
FuelFrank856
Sep 11, 2026, 06:25 PM

I started taking apple cider vinegar gummies for sleep. I know, I know, ACV for sleep? But I read somewhere it can help with blood sugar and that might improve sleep. Anyway, after about 2 weeks, I'm not really sleeping better. BUT my skin looks amazing. Like, clearer and less red. I have no idea if it's related. Anyone else experience something like this? Seems too good to be true. Probably just a coincidence or the placebo effect.

J
JoyfulJack121
Sep 11, 2026, 07:56 PM

Hey Frank, med student here. ACV does have some antimicrobial properties, but the evidence for skin benefits is mostly anecdotal. However, it could be indirectly helping your skin if it's improving your gut health or blood sugar regulation. Also, gummies often contain other ingredients like biotin or vitamin C that could be helping. What brand are you using? Check the label for other actives. And yeah, placebo is powerful, but if it's working, who cares? Just don't overdo it – ACV can erode tooth enamel if you consume too much, even in gummy form (though less likely). Keep us posted!

G
GreenGreg366
Sep 11, 2026, 08:59 PM

Funny you mention this. I started taking ACV gummies for digestion (heard they help with bloating). Didn't notice much there, but my stress levels seem lower? I'm not sure if it's the gummies or just the fact that I started taking a lunch break to remember to take them. Could be a routine thing. But my skin also looks pretty good now that you mention it. Maybe there's something to it? Or maybe we're all just finally getting enough sleep? lol.

F
FuelFrank856
Sep 11, 2026, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the replies. The brand is Nature's Truth. I checked the label: ACV, vitamin B12, folate, and pomegranate juice powder. Maybe it's the B12? I was deficient a while back. But I've been taking B12 separately for months with no skin change. So maybe it's the ACV after all. Or the pomegranate? I'll keep taking them and see if it lasts. Not complaining! Just weird. Anyone else?

J
JoyfulJack121
Sep 12, 2026, 12:01 AM

Pomegranate is known for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so that could definitely be contributing to skin improvements. Also, B12 deficiency can cause skin issues, so if you were borderline, the extra B12 from the gummies might be pushing you into optimal range. Just a thought. But yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Glad you're seeing benefits, even if unexpected!