B12 gummies are just candy with a health halo??
Ok so I picked up a bottle of B12 gummies at the store yesterday bc my doc said my levels were low. Got home and looked at the label... 4g of sugar PER GUMMY. And the serving size is TWO gummies. Thats basically a starburst with a vitamin in it lol. How is this supposed to be good for me?? I switched to sublingual drops years ago for this exact reason. Anyone else feel like the gummy boom is just turning supplements into candy? My kids already beg for them like theyre fruit snacks smh
I get the sugar concern but lets be real here, the amount is usually tiny compared to like... a soda. I do IF (16:8) and take my B12 gummy during my eating window, no issues. Honestly if a gummy is the only way someone actually remembers to take their B12 every day, thats a win. Perfect adherence with a slightly impure product beats perfect purity that sits in the cabinet collecting dust. Just my 2 cents
This is why I love this forum. Olivia I hear you 100%, we are a granola-ish household and I was horrified when I read the back of my husbands gummy bottle. But also... have you tried the ones sweetened with tapioca syrup or monk fruit? Theres a few brands now that do B12 with like 1g sugar or none. Not shilling any brand but they exist. It's a middle ground between candy and drops IMO. My husband wont touch drops but he WILL take a gummy so here we are lol
Not gonna lie the tech nerd in me loves gummies because the dosing is consistent and I can track it in my app with a barcode scan lol. Drops are so imprecise, like how many drops did I actually get?? With a gummy its one unit = one dose, done. The sugar thing is annoying but I just count it in my macros. Everything is a tradeoff. Convenience wins for me but I totally get why the candy-fication bothers people, especially parents whose kids treat them like snacks. Thats a real problem, keep those locked up fr