B12 in meat? Dietitian says this is the #1 healthiest meat... thoughts?

OPSeptember 13, 2026
O
OP
Sep 13, 2026, 08:36 AM

Hey everyone, saw this article today: 'The No. 1 Healthiest Meat With the Most Protein and Least Fat, According to a Dietitian'. Basically says lean beef or something? Here's the summary: "With a growing emphasis on high-protein diets for muscle maintenance, weight management, and overall wellness..." I'm wondering what you all think. I take a B12 gummy every day, but I'm curious if getting it from meat is better? Or if this article is just hype. Thoughts?

M
MountainMike95
Sep 13, 2026, 09:13 AM

I've been taking B12 gummies for years, ever since I went mostly plant-based. Honestly, the article is probably pushing lean beef or bison. But for B12, the source doesn't matter as much as absorption. Gummies are fine if they have methylcobalamin. I wouldn't stress about the meat if you're supplementing. Just my 2 cents.

U
UrbanUma502
Sep 13, 2026, 10:00 AM

I do intermittent fasting and sometimes I worry about B12 because I only eat within a 6-hour window. I used to eat a lot of meat, but now I mostly get it from eggs and dairy. I still take a gummy just in case. That article seems like clickbait though. 'Healthiest meat' is subjective. I'd rather get my B12 from a supplement than worry about whether my meat is grass-fed or whatever.

E
EarthElias895
Sep 13, 2026, 01:54 PM

I actually track my B12 with a fitness tracker and a blood test every few months. The article is interesting but I think it's overhyped. I take a B12 gummy from a brand that third-party tests. I also eat meat occasionally. But the key is consistency. If you're taking a gummy, make sure it's not loaded with sugar. Some gummies are basically candy. I'd say stick with your gummy unless your levels are low.

M
MountainMike95
Sep 13, 2026, 03:32 PM

Yeah, @EarthElias895 makes a good point. I used to get the cheap gummies and they didn't do much. Switched to a sublingual methyl B12 and felt a difference. But that's just me. The article is probably fine but I wouldn't overhaul my diet based on one dietitian's opinion. Meat has B12 but also saturated fat. Gummies are a solid backup.