My B12 gummies turned dark and hard – still safe to eat??

UpliftUrsula521September 12, 2026
U
UpliftUrsula521
Sep 12, 2026, 11:56 AM

So I bought a big bottle of B12 gummies like 2 months ago. Just opened them and they're all stuck together and some are darker than others. They also feel kinda hard, like stale candy. I'm a broke student so I really don't wanna toss them if they're still okay. Are they safe? I don't wanna get sick but also can't afford new ones rn. Pls help!

Q
QuartzQuinn917
Sep 12, 2026, 12:40 PM

I've had that happen with my multivitamin gummies after a long run in the heat. Usually it's just moisture and sugar bloom. But if they're darker, could be oxidation. I'd say if they smell weird or taste off, toss 'em. Otherwise you're probably fine? Not a doctor tho. Also maybe keep them in the fridge next time – helps with sticking.

N
NectarNina431
Sep 12, 2026, 02:10 PM

As a mom of 3 picky eaters, we go through a lot of gummies lol. Color change can happen from light exposure or heat. But B12 is pretty stable. The bigger risk is mold if they got damp. Check for fuzzy spots or a fermented smell. If none, I'd still eat them but maybe not if they're super old. When did you open them? Also, did you keep them in the bathroom? Humidity is the enemy!

E
EarthElias485
Sep 12, 2026, 04:41 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it. Supplements aren't like food – they can lose potency or grow bacteria if stored wrong. And 'safe' is relative. You might not get sick but you also might not get the B12 you need. I know it sucks to waste money, but your health is worth more than a few bucks. Call the manufacturer – sometimes they'll send a coupon or replace it. Also, check the expiration date. If it's past, definitely toss.

U
UpliftUrsula521
Sep 12, 2026, 06:32 PM

Thanks everyone! No mold or weird smell, just stuck together and a bit dark. Exp date is still 6 months away. I think I'll try one and see how I feel. If I don't reply, send help lol. But seriously, appreciate the advice. Gonna store them in the fridge from now on.