DIY Biotin Gummies - Total Fail, Need Help!
Hi everyone! I tried making my own biotin gummies last night using gelatin and biotin powder, but they came out as a gloopy mess. I used 2 tbsp gelatin, 1/2 cup water, and 5000 mcg biotin. They never set. Any tips? I'm a retired nurse, so I'm used to precise measurements, but this has me stumped!
Oh no, that's frustrating! I've been there. A few things: did you bloom the gelatin first? You need to sprinkle it over cold water and let it sit for 5-10 mins before heating. Also, biotin powder can be acidic, which can interfere with gelatin setting. Try adding a little honey or sugar to help with texture. And make sure you're using enough gelatin - I usually do 3 tbsp per cup of liquid. Good luck!
Lol I tried this last week and my kids thought they were slime toys. I used agar instead of gelatin, and it set too hard. I think the key is to use a candy thermometer and heat to 240°F? But honestly, I gave up and just buy them now. Too sleep-deprived for this science experiment. Following for tips though!
Hey! I make biotin gummies all the time. Here's my recipe: 1 cup fruit juice (I use orange for vitamin C), 2 tbsp gelatin, 1 tbsp honey, and your biotin powder. Bloom gelatin in juice, then heat gently until dissolved. Pour into molds and refrigerate for 2 hours. Also, add a pinch of salt to help with gelling. And don't overheat the biotin - it can degrade. Hope that helps!