Fiber gummies... my 4yo thought they were candy and ate half the bottle!

VitalVince388September 9, 2026
V
VitalVince388
Sep 9, 2026, 05:39 PM

So my wife bought these fiber gummies from Costco. They're in a bright pink bottle, look exactly like gummy bears. My 4yo son somehow got the child-proof cap off (I swear those things aren't as child-proof as they used to be) and ate like 15 of them. We called poison control, they said he'd probably just have a stomachache and diarrhea. But seriously, why do they make these things look and taste like candy?? No wonder kids get confused. Any other parents dealt with this? I'm lowkey freaking out but also kinda laughing because he's gonna have a rough night.

S
SproutSid70
Sep 9, 2026, 06:59 PM

Oh man, that's rough. But honestly, this is why I avoid gummy vitamins altogether. They're basically candy with vitamins. The sugar content is insane. You're better off giving him a fiber powder mixed into applesauce or something. No confusion, no risk of overdose. But since you already called poison control, just keep him hydrated. He'll be fine. Maybe hide the bottle better next time? 😅

W
WellnessWendy921
Sep 9, 2026, 07:25 PM

Omg I feel you! My husband did the same thing last month. He thought they were 'adult gummies' and ate like 5 before I caught him. He said they tasted like raspberry Starbursts. 🙄 He had the worst gas for two days. But hey, at least your kid didn't eat the whole bottle! As for the texture, my daughter actually refuses to eat them because she says they're 'too squishy' and 'taste like medicine.' So I switched to the gummy fiber from the brand 'Fiber Well' – they're a bit firmer and less sweet. She still won't eat them, but at least I don't have to worry about her overdosing. LOL.

V
VitalVince388
Sep 9, 2026, 08:39 PM

Thanks guys. Update: he's fine, just a bit of a tummy ache and some gas. But yeah, I'm definitely locking these up from now on. And @WellnessWendy921, that's hilarious about your husband. At least I'm not alone. @SproutSid70, I might look into the powder thing. Do you have a brand you recommend?

S
SproutSid70
Sep 9, 2026, 11:15 PM

I use 'Benefiber' unflavored. Dissolves clear in anything. No grit, no taste. My kid doesn't even notice. Just make sure you stir it well or it gets clumpy. And yeah, gummies are a trap. They're marketed as healthy but they're basically candy. Good luck!