My 4yo thought my Goli gummies were candy... now she won't eat them because they're 'too chewy'

DewyDaphneSeptember 15, 2026
D
DewyDaphne
Sep 15, 2026, 01:38 PM

So I work night shifts and rely on Goli apple cider vinegar gummies to keep me regular (TMI, sorry). I left the bottle on the counter and my 4yo daughter somehow got into them. She ate like 6 before I caught her. I freaked out and called poison control, but they said it was fine since they're just vitamins. Now she keeps asking for 'candy' and throws a tantrum because the texture is 'too squishy' and 'not like gummy bears.' Has anyone else's kid done this? Should I hide them better? I'm dead tired lol.

O
OrganicOlivia254
Sep 15, 2026, 02:02 PM

OMG yes! My 6yo son did the same thing with my Goli ashwagandha gummies. He said they taste like 'weird fruit' but kept eating them. I had to put them on the top shelf. Also, pro tip: the texture is definitely different from regular gummies – more firm and less sweet. Maybe try giving her actual gummy vitamins that are shaped like cartoon characters? My kid loves the Flintstones ones now. But yeah, hide your Goli stash for sure!

D
DewyDaphne22
Sep 15, 2026, 04:56 PM

Haha, I'm a nature photographer and spend a lot of time in the field, so I keep Goli gummies in my bag. My husband accidentally ate a handful thinking they were candy. He said they were 'chewy but not in a good way.' Now he refuses to touch them. I think the ACV ones have a weird aftertaste. Anyway, you're not alone! Maybe get a lockbox? Or just embrace the chaos – kids are weird.

D
DewyDaphne
Sep 15, 2026, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I'll try the lockbox idea. And yeah, the texture is definitely not for everyone. My daughter is now obsessed with 'real' gummy bears, so I guess that's a win? But she still side-eyes my Goli bottle like it betrayed her. Kids, man.

O
OrganicOlivia254
Sep 15, 2026, 06:30 PM

Haha, the betrayal is real! At least she's not begging for them anymore. If you want a good alternative, try the Goli kids multivitamin – they're actually made for kids and taste better. My son loves them. But yeah, lockbox is a solid move. Good luck!