My Goli gummies turned weird colors and hard as rocks... still safe to eat??

RootRose296September 14, 2026
R
RootRose296
Sep 14, 2026, 07:38 PM

Hey everyone, I bought a bottle of Goli ACV gummies about 2 months ago and just opened them today. They look totally different than when I first got them. Some are dark brown, some are almost white, and they're all stuck together in a big clump. I managed to pry a few apart and they're super hard, like candy that's been sitting out. I know gummies can do this but is it safe to eat? I don't want to waste $20 but also don't want to get sick. Anyone else had this happen? TIA!

F
FuelFrank254
Sep 14, 2026, 09:01 PM

Yeah, that's pretty common with gummies that have fruit pectin and sugar. The white stuff is probably sugar bloom (like on chocolate) and the dark spots could be from oxidation or heat exposure. If they got hot during shipping or storage, they can melt and re-solidify into a sticky mess. As for safe? If they smell off or have mold (fuzzy stuff), toss 'em. But if it's just hard and discolored, they're likely just stale, not dangerous. I'd probably still eat them if they're not expired, but they might not taste great. Next time, store them in a cool, dry place, maybe even the fridge.

M
MindfulMila147
Sep 14, 2026, 08:22 PM

I had the same thing with my Goli gummies last summer! Left them in my car for a day and they turned into a gummy brick. I called customer service and they actually sent me a replacement for free. They said it was a texture issue from heat and not to worry about safety unless there was mold. Mine didn't have mold, just ugly. I ended up eating them anyway and didn't die lol. But yeah, if you're unsure, just contact them. They're pretty chill about it.

F
FitnessFanatic241
Sep 15, 2026, 12:56 AM

Honestly, this is why I stopped buying Goli. Their quality control is all over the place. I've had bottles where some gummies were fine and others were melted together. And the sugar content is high anyway. If they changed color and texture that much, I'd personally toss them. Not worth the risk of an upset stomach. But hey, if you do eat them, let us know if you survive. 😂

R
RootRose296
Sep 14, 2026, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the replies! No mold, just weird colors and hard texture. They don't smell weird either. I think I'll try one and see how it goes. If I don't post again, you'll know why lol. Appreciate the help!