Help! My kids gummies turned into a sticky blob – are they still safe??

FloraFinn678September 14, 2026
F
FloraFinn678
Sep 14, 2026, 08:44 AM

Hey everyone, I’m a digital nomad currently in Bali and I brought a big bottle of kiddo multivitamin gummies from the States. It’s been super humid here and now the gummies are all stuck together and some look like they have a white coating. They also feel harder than usual. Are they still safe to eat? My kids love them but I don’t want to risk it. TIA!

W
WellnessWendy74
Sep 14, 2026, 10:23 AM

Hi FloraFinn678, that white coating is likely sugar bloom or a bit of moisture escaping – pretty common with gummies in humid conditions. As long as there’s no mold (fuzzy, green/black spots) or off smell, they should be safe. Texture change doesn’t necessarily mean spoiled. But if they’re really hard, you might want to soften them in the fridge? Actually, fridge can make them harder. Best to store in a cool dry place. If in doubt, toss them.

N
NectarNina539
Sep 14, 2026, 10:30 AM

I’ve had that happen with my kids’ gummies after a road trip. They got all melty and then re-solidified into a weird clump. I ate one myself to test (don’t judge) and it was fine, just chewier. But I’m not a doctor. Maybe check the expiration date? If they’re past exp, I’d bin them. Also, if they were exposed to high heat, some vitamins can degrade, so they might not be as effective. But safety-wise, probably ok unless mold.

O
OrganicOlivia868
Sep 14, 2026, 11:11 AM

I make my own gummies at home and sugar bloom is super common when there’s temperature fluctuation. It’s just sugar crystallizing on the surface. Not harmful. But if they’re sticking together and hard, maybe try putting the bottle in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to loosen them? Just don’t microwave! Also, check for any weird spots. If it’s just white and uniform, it’s likely bloom. If it’s patchy and fuzzy, mold. When in doubt, throw it out – especially with kids.

W
WellnessWendy74
Sep 14, 2026, 02:40 PM

Just to add: if they smell fermented or sour, definitely don’t eat. Also, if they’ve been open for more than 6 months, might be time for new ones. But I agree with Olivia – warm water bath can help separate them. And store them in an airtight container with a desiccant packet if you’re in a humid place. Safe travels!