Magnesium gummies for sleep but my skin is glowing?? Anyone else?
I started taking magnesium gummies about a month ago because I heard they help with sleep. I'm 68 and have trouble staying asleep. Well, my sleep is a bit better, but the weirdest thing happened—my skin looks amazing! I've had dry patches on my cheeks for years and they're gone. Is this a thing? I'm not complaining but I'm confused. Could the gummies be doing this? I take the ones from that big brand, 200mg at night.
Hmm, I'm skeptical. Magnesium might help with sleep, but skin? That sounds like coincidence. Maybe you changed your moisturizer? Or the weather? I've been taking magnesium citrate for leg cramps and haven't noticed any skin changes. But hey, if it works for you, great. What brand are they? I might look into it for my mom who has eczema.
Actually, it's not crazy! Magnesium is involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body, including skin barrier function and reducing inflammation. Many people are deficient and don't know it. I recommend magnesium glycinate for better absorption, but gummies can work too. Also, better sleep = less cortisol = clearer skin. So it could be indirect. Olivia, have you noticed less stress too? That might be part of it.
Thanks IndigoIris! Now that you mention it, I have been less stressed. I didn't connect the dots. My husband says I'm less cranky in the mornings lol. Quinn, the brand is "Calm" but they're gummies, not the powder. I got them at Costco. Maybe try them for your mom? But check with her doctor first, of course.
Interesting. I'll ask her doctor. I still think it's probably the sleep improvement, not direct skin magic. But I'm glad it's working for you. Keep us posted if it lasts!