My kid ate a whole jar of Omega-3 gummies... should I be worried? LOL
So I bought these new Omega-3 gummies from Costco, right? They're supposed to be for me and my husband. But my 4-year-old, Max, is a sneaky little ninja. I turned my back for like 2 minutes to answer the door, and when I came back, he had dragged a chair to the counter, grabbed the bottle, and eaten like 6 of them. He thought they were fruit snacks! Now he's bouncing off the walls and I'm freaking out. Are gummies safe for kids? Should I call poison control? He seems fine but I'm low-key panicking. Also, now he keeps asking for 'more candy' and I'm like nooo those are mommy's brain pills! Anyone else have this happen? How do you hide your stash?
OMG yes! My daughter did the same thing with my biotin gummies. She said they tasted like 'strawberry candy' and ate half the bottle. I called the pediatrician and they said as long as it wasn't a massive amount and she wasn't showing weird symptoms, just monitor. But 6 Omega-3s? That's a lot of fish oil. Might give him an upset stomach or fishy burps. Watch out for diarrhea. And yeah, you gotta lock those up like they're actual meds. I keep mine on the top shelf behind the quinoa now. Lesson learned the hard way!
Haha, been there! My husband actually did this last week. He grabbed my Omega-3 gummies thinking they were his new melatonin gummies (they look similar). He took like 4 and then wondered why he was burping up salmon flavor all day. 😂 But for kids, I'd be more careful. Some gummies have added sugar or xylitol which can be toxic to dogs, but for kids? Probably fine in small amounts. But definitely check the label for vitamin A or D if it's a combo. If it's just fish oil, he'll just have expensive pee and maybe a tummy ache. Next time, get a lockbox. I got one of those combo lock boxes from Amazon for like $15. Game changer.
Thanks guys! Update: Max is fine, just super hyper and had a weird fishy burp. No diarrhea yet. I called the nurse line and they said to just give him water and watch for any allergic reaction. Phew. But yeah, I'm ordering a lockbox ASAP. Also, why do they make these things taste so good? It's a trap! My husband said maybe we should switch to capsules, but I hate swallowing pills. Ugh. Parenting win, I guess. At least he got his omega-3s for the month? 😅
Glad he's okay! And yeah, capsules are a pain. I switched to a liquid omega-3 that you mix into smoothies. No candy resemblance, so my kid doesn't even look twice. But it tastes like... well, fish. So you gotta hide it in something strong. Anyway, thanks for the laugh and the warning. I'm double-checking my locks now.