My gummies turned weird colors and got hard – still safe to eat??

KetoKevin627September 12, 2026
K
KetoKevin627
Sep 12, 2026, 11:01 AM

Hey all, I've been traveling a lot for work (digital nomad life) and left my bottle of gummy vitamins in my car for a few days. When I opened them, some were stuck together and a few had white spots on them. They also feel kinda hard and the color looks off. Are they still safe to eat? I don't wanna waste them but also don't wanna get sick. Thanks!

L
LemonLiam525
Sep 12, 2026, 12:16 PM

Namaste, Kevin. That sounds like sugar bloom or just heat damage. Usually not harmful, but if they're hard as rocks, the nutrients might have degraded. I'd say toss 'em if they're really off. Your health is worth more than a few bucks. Also, storing them in a cool, dry place is key. Maybe keep them in your carry-on next time? 😉

R
RootRose80
Sep 12, 2026, 03:29 PM

I've had that happen with my keto gummies! The white spots are probably just the sweetener or something crystallizing. But if they're sticking together and hard, it's likely moisture got in. I'd be cautious. I usually just chuck them if they change texture that much. Not worth the risk. But I'm curious – what brand are they? Some are more stable than others.

K
KetoKevin627
Sep 12, 2026, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! They're from a brand called VitaGum or something. I think I'll just throw them out. Sucks, but better safe. @RootRose80, have you found any brands that hold up better when traveling?

L
LemonLiam525
Sep 12, 2026, 02:49 PM

No prob, Kevin. I've had good luck with the ones that are more like soft chews rather than gelatin-based. But honestly, I just switched to powder vitamins for travel – no melting, no sticking. Might be worth considering. Safe travels!