Can I mix my prenatal gummy with coffee?? weird combo but need answers
OK so I know this sounds random but I'm not a morning person and I NEED my coffee. I just started taking these prenatal gummies (the berry ones from Target) and I'm wondering if it's safe to take them at the same time as my morning cup? Like will the coffee cancel out the vitamins or something? Also does anyone else think the gummies taste kinda... chalky? Maybe it's just me. But mainly the coffee thing. Thanks!
I wouldn't do it. Coffee inhibits iron absorption, and while most prenatals don't have iron (especially gummies), it can still mess with other nutrients. Also, why risk it? Just take them with water an hour after coffee. And honestly, if you're worried about taste, maybe try a different brand? I'm skeptical of gummies in general—they're basically candy with vitamins. But you do you.
Oh honey, don't listen to the skeptics! I've been taking prenatal gummies with my morning matcha for months and my doctor said it's fine. The key is consistency, not perfection. That said, if you're taking a separate iron supplement, then yeah, wait a bit. But the gummy itself? You're good! Also, have you tried the SmartyPants prenatal? They taste like fruit snacks, no chalkiness! 😊
Thanks both! I'm not taking extra iron, just the gummy. And CrystalCathy165, I'll check out SmartyPants. But does anyone know if coffee actually blocks anything in the gummy? Like B12 or folate? I tried googling but got overwhelmed.
B12 and folate are water-soluble, so coffee won't block them much. It's mainly minerals like iron and calcium. But if you're drinking coffee within 30 min of the gummy, the caffeine might make you pee out some vitamins faster? Not sure. Honestly, just take it with food and you'll be fine. I still think whole food sources are better, but whatever works.