My 4yo thought my Shilajit gummies were fruit snacks... send help lol
Ok so this just happened and I'm still recovering. I keep my shilajit gummies on the top shelf of the pantry behind the protein powder, right? Well apparently my 4yo is part mountain goat and scaled the shelves while I was in the bathroom for like 90 seconds. I come out and he's got the bottle open, sticky purple fingers, and he goes 'Mama these berry candies are YUCKY but I ate four.' FOUR. I called poison control and they were super chill and said he'd probably just have a weird tummy and maybe more energy than usual. He then proceeded to reorganize all my tupperware for an hour straight. Anyone else have a kid do this?? I feel like the worst mom but also these gummies are TOO tasty lol. Maybe I should get a lockbox
Oh noooo lol glad he's ok!! Quick q though - is yours actually vegan? A lot of shilajit gummies have gelatin in them which is why I had to switch brands. Not judging, just saying if it's a vegan one maybe the 'tummy issues' are less about the shilajit itself? Also +1 on the lockbox, kids are basically tiny raccoons with opposable thumbs
Not a parent but this is my worst fear with my supplements 😅 I had to move all my ashwagandha gummies to a cabinet my cat can't open after he batted the bottle off the counter. Also side note, poison control people are honestly the unsung heroes of parenting, so glad your little guy is fine! Maybe try the powder form and mix it in tea? Less candy-like so less tempting (and less sticky fingers)
@FitnessFanatic524 good call, I just checked and mine do have bovine gelatin ugh. Definitely looking into a vegan brand now, thanks for the heads up. @TeaTina794 the powder might be the move, he can't shotgun a powder lol. Update: it's 9pm and he's STILL awake. I have created a monster. Do NOT recommend stealth shilajit
Lol the 'stealth shilajit' is sending me 💀 hope you both get some sleep tonight! If you want recs I can DM you a couple vegan gummy brands that don't taste like straight berries, so kids are less likely to go feral over them