Started softgels for sleep, but my skin is glowing?? Anyone else?
Hey all! So I've been taking these gummy softgels (the ones with melatonin + some herbal blend) for about a month now to help with sleep. And while my sleep is a bit better, the weirdest thing happened: my skin has never looked better! I'm 42 and people keep asking what I'm using. I haven't changed my skincare routine at all. Could the softgels be doing something? Maybe the omega-3s or whatever? Anyone else experience unexpected benefits from a supplement they started for a totally different reason? I'm not complaining, just curious!
Correlation doesn't equal causation, Wendy. You're a yoga instructor, right? Probably your diet and stress levels are already good. Maybe you just finally got some decent sleep and that's showing in your skin. I wouldn't credit the gummies unless you see a controlled study. But hey, if it's working, don't fix it. Just don't go recommending it as a miracle cure to your students.
Dude, I had the opposite! I started taking a softgel for joint pain while traveling, and my anxiety just vanished. I mean, I'm a digital nomad so my life is chaos, but after a couple weeks I felt weirdly calm. Did some digging and it had ashwagandha in it. Maybe yours has something similar? Check the label. Also, could be the placebo effect, but who cares? I'll take it.
Wait, what brand are these softgels? I'm super skeptical of gummies because most are just sugar and gelatin, but if they're actually helping with sleep AND skin, I might need to look into it. My kids are driving me nuts and I could use better sleep. But I always worry about hidden ingredients. Wendy, can you share the exact product? Also, Quincy, did you get any stomach issues from the ashwagandha? I've heard mixed things.
Thanks for the replies! Uma, you're probably right about the sleep connection, but I swear it's more than that. Quincy, I just checked and mine has collagen and biotin too—maybe that's it? Olivia, I'll DM you the brand, don't want to seem like a shill. But yeah, I'm not complaining. Just thought it was worth sharing. Has anyone else had a surprise benefit?