Anyone else see this 'Best Multivitamins for Teens 2026' article? Thoughts?
Hey all, stumbled on this article today: ***The Best Multivitamins for Teens in 2026: Expert Reviewed***. It basically says teens need more vitamin C, D, and zinc than we thought, and that gummies are actually a decent delivery system if you pick the right ones. My 15yo is a picky eater and I'm always worried she's not getting enough. Anyone here have experience with teen multivitamin gummies? Do they actually work or is it just expensive candy? Link: [fake link]
Ugh, I skimmed that article. Of course they push gummies because they're 'fun' but half the ones on the market are loaded with gelatin and sugar. If you're vegan, good luck finding a teen multi that doesn't have gelatin or carmine. I finally found one that's pectin-based and vegan, but it's pricey. Also, vitamin C from gummies? You're better off with a whole orange. But I get it, teens are stubborn. Just check the label for animal products!
I do 16:8 intermittent fasting and I've tried a few gummy vitamins to break my fast. Honestly, the sugar spike is real. But for a teen who's not fasting, maybe it's fine? My niece takes a C gummy and swears it keeps her from getting sick during exam season. Placebo? Maybe. But she's happy. I'd say just make sure they're third-party tested. That article mentioned some brand called 'VitaYouth' or something? Anyone tried?
Thanks for the replies! @HealthHacker902 I didn't even think about gelatin. My daughter is not vegan but she's picky about textures. I'll look for pectin ones. @UrbanUma502 yeah, the article did mention VitaYouth but I've never heard of them. Might be a sponsored thing? I'll check Amazon reviews. Appreciate the help!
No prob! Also, watch out for 'natural flavors' – sometimes that means weird stuff. If you find a good vegan teen multi, post it here. I'm always looking for recs for my cousin. And yeah, that article smelled like an ad. Expert reviewed my foot.