RDs Recommend Vitamin C Supplements – What Do You Guys Think?
Hey everyone! I just read this article where they asked registered dietitians about their top vitamin C supplement picks. Here's the link: [link]. The summary says: 'We Asked Registered Dietitians What Vitamin C Supplements They Recommend — Here’s What They Said'. Vitamin C has long been a staple in the wellness world, but recent discussions among nutrition experts... I'm curious what you all think. I've been taking vitamin C gummies for a while, but I'm wondering if I should switch to something else based on their recs. Anyone tried the brands they mention? Let's discuss!
Interesting read, Wendy. I'm always out in nature and rely on whole foods for most of my nutrients, but I do keep some emergency vitamin C gummies in my pack. The article mentioned a few brands I haven't heard of. I'm a bit skeptical about all the added sugars in gummies though. Any thoughts on that? I'd rather get my C from oranges and bell peppers, but sometimes convenience wins.
Thanks for sharing, Wendy! As a yoga instructor, I focus a lot on holistic health and I'm a big fan of vitamin C gummies for their convenience and taste. The article's recommendations seem solid, but I always check for natural ingredients and no artificial colors. I've tried a couple of the brands they mentioned and had good results. Has anyone else noticed a difference in their energy levels or immune health? I'd love to hear personal experiences.
BioBob207, I get your concern about sugar. Some gummies have 2-3 grams per serving, which can add up. I try to pick ones with less added sugar and more natural fruit flavors. HolisticHolly840, I agree about natural ingredients! I've been taking Garden of Life's vitamin C gummies and they seem to help me stay healthy during cold season. But I'm curious if the RDs' top picks are really that different. Maybe we should compare labels?
Yeah, comparing labels sounds like a good idea. I'll dig up the ones I have and post the ingredients. Also, did anyone else notice that the article didn't mention whole-food sources much? I get that supplements have their place, but I wish they'd emphasize diet first. Just my two cents. Anyway, I'm open to trying a gummy if it's low in sugar and has good reviews.