Just read 'The Best Multivitamins for Teens in 2026' – thoughts on Vitamin D gummies?
Hey everyone! I came across this article today: 'The Best Multivitamins for Teens in 2026: Expert Reviewed'. The summary says: "# The Best Multivitamins for Teens in 2026: Expert Reviewed As the nutritional landscape evolves, 2026 brings a renewed focus on the specific dietary needs of adolescents. A recent expert review high..." It got me thinking about vitamin D gummies specifically. My teen is super picky and won't take pills, so we've been using gummies. But are they as effective? I remember when I was a kid, we just drank our milk and played outside. Now it's all about supplements. Any thoughts? I'd love to hear what you all think! 😊
OMG, I saw that article too! I'm all about gummies because they're so easy to sneak into smoothies or just eat as a treat. But honestly, I worry about the sugar content. Some gummies have as much sugar as a candy! I usually make my own with a recipe I found online – way healthier and you can control the dose. But for teens, convenience is key. What brand are you using, Wendy? I've heard good things about the SmartyPants teen formula, but it's pricy.
Interesting discussion. From a holistic standpoint, vitamin D is crucial, but gummies often have questionable ingredients like artificial colors and corn syrup. I prefer liquid drops or capsules that are third-party tested. However, if gummies are the only way your teen will take it, it's better than nothing. Just make sure it's paired with vitamin K2 for proper absorption. Also, get their levels checked before supplementing – too much D can be toxic. The article seemed to gloss over that. Just my two cents! 🌿
As a vegan, I'm always checking labels. Many vitamin D gummies use gelatin or carrageenan, which are no-gos for me. There are vegan options with pectin, but they're harder to find. Also, why is everyone so focused on supplements when we should be advocating for more outdoor time and fortified plant milks? The article was okay but felt a bit biased toward big brands. I'd rather see teens getting D from sunlight and mushrooms. But I get it – convenience wins. Just be mindful of the source!
Thanks for the replies! @PeakPaula813 – we use the Nordic Naturals gummies, they're supposed to be good. But I'll check the sugar. @NootropicNoah887 – I didn't think about K2, I'll look into that. @MindfulMila303 – I totally agree about outdoor time, but with school and activities, it's tough. Plus, we live in a cloudy state. Maybe I'll try to find a vegan option just to be safe. Has anyone tried the Garden of Life teen gummies? They're supposedly vegan and organic.