My Vitamin D gummies turned dark & hard... still safe to eat?

PlantPat813September 11, 2026
P
PlantPat813
Sep 11, 2026, 05:50 PM

So I bought a bottle of vitamin D gummies like 2 months ago, and now they look kinda dark and are super hard. Also they're all stuck together in a clump. Did they go bad? Can I still eat them? I don't wanna waste money but also don't wanna get sick lol. Any advice?

Q
QuartzQuinn258
Sep 11, 2026, 06:16 PM

Yo, I've had that happen with my D gummies too. Usually it's just because of heat or humidity. If they got hard and sticky, it's probably just the sugar melting and re-hardening. As long as there's no mold or weird smell, I'd say they're fine. But I'm not a doctor, so... maybe just toss 'em if you're stressed. Also, are they keto? Because some gummies have maltodextrin or sugar that can cause that.

N
NootropicNoah887
Sep 11, 2026, 06:52 PM

Hmm, color change and texture change can also mean oxidation. Vitamin D is fat-soluble and can degrade. If they turned dark, that's a sign of degradation. I'd be cautious. You could try cutting one open – if it smells rancid or looks funky, don't eat it. But honestly, for the cost of a bottle, why risk it? Your health is worth more. Also, check the expiration date. Sometimes gummies just expire faster than capsules.

P
PlantPat813
Sep 11, 2026, 09:20 PM

Thanks guys. No mold, just dark and hard. Exp date is next year. They were in my bathroom cabinet, so maybe humidity? I'll probably just buy new ones. Not worth the risk. Appreciate the help!

Q
QuartzQuinn258
Sep 11, 2026, 09:14 PM

No prob! Yeah bathroom is the worst place for supplements. Keep 'em in a cool dry place. And if you want a keto-friendly D, look for ones sweetened with stevia or monk fruit. Good luck!