Vitamin D Gummies: Are We Just Eating Candy Now?

QuartzQuinn554September 15, 2026
Q
QuartzQuinn554
Sep 15, 2026, 03:54 PM

OK so I’m a broke college student and I’ve been taking these vitamin D gummies cuz they’re cheap and taste like candy. But I just looked at the label and each gummy has like 2g of sugar. I take 4 a day. That’s 8g of sugar just for vitamins! Is this normal? Should I switch to pills? I feel like I’m just eating candy with a side of health.

S
SproutSid500
Sep 15, 2026, 06:03 PM

Honestly, I used to be all about gummies for the convenience, especially after long runs. But then I realized I was basically fueling my sugar cravings. I switched to liquid drops in my water bottle—zero sugar, same D. But if you don’t mind the sugar and it keeps you consistent, who cares? Consistency > perfection.

O
OrangeOscar989
Sep 15, 2026, 08:18 PM

You can totally make your own gummies with gelatin and unsweetened juice! I do it with vitamin D drops. Zero added sugar, and you control the dose. It’s a bit of a hassle but worth it if you’re worried about the candy-fication. Plus, it’s a fun DIY project.

Q
QuartzQuinn554
Sep 15, 2026, 08:39 PM

DIY gummies? That sounds cool but I barely have time to do laundry, lol. Maybe I’ll just switch to pills. Do they even work as well? I heard gummies absorb better but that might be marketing BS.

S
SproutSid500
Sep 15, 2026, 06:14 PM

Pills absorb fine, especially if you take them with a meal that has some fat. I’ve been using capsules for years and my levels are great. Gummies are just more palatable for some. But yeah, the sugar adds up. Check the label for sugar alcohols if you wanna stick with gummies—some brands use them instead of sugar.