Emergen-C gummies = candy? 4g sugar per serving?!

MindfulMila778September 10, 2026
M
MindfulMila778
Sep 10, 2026, 06:00 PM

So I picked up these Emergen-C gummies at Target because I wanted a quick immunity boost for my kids (and me). Then I looked at the label: 4g of sugar per 2-gummy serving. That's basically a teaspoon of sugar! And they're marketed as 'adult' gummies. I might as well give them a handful of Skittles. Anyone else feel like supplements have just become candy? I'm trying to avoid unnecessary sugar, not add more. Thoughts?

E
EcoEllen526
Sep 10, 2026, 06:30 PM

I hear you, Mila. 4g isn't huge, but it adds up if you take them multiple times a day. I usually go for powder or capsules to avoid the sugar and extra ingredients. That said, if it's the only way someone will actually take their vitamins, it's better than nothing. But I wish companies would offer lower-sugar gummy options. Have you tried the Emergen-C powder packets? They have some sugar too, but you can control the dose.

W
WellnessWendy913
Sep 10, 2026, 07:00 PM

Honestly, I think the convenience factor outweighs the sugar for most people. I keep a bottle in my gym bag and pop a couple after a tough WOD. Yeah, it's a bit of sugar, but it's way better than skipping my vitamin C altogether. Plus, they taste great, so I actually remember to take them. Not everyone can choke down pills. Just my two cents. If you're that worried, maybe just take straight ascorbic acid capsules?

E
EcoEllen526
Sep 10, 2026, 07:30 PM

Wendy, I get that, but 'better than nothing' shouldn't be the standard. There are plenty of sugar-free gummy options now (like using stevia or monk fruit). The problem is these big brands load them with sugar because it's cheap and addictive. It's a slippery slope. Before you know it, you're eating 10 gummies a day because they taste like candy. I'd rather see people take a capsule or powder and get used to it. But hey, that's just me.

M
MindfulMila778
Sep 10, 2026, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'll return them and stick with the powder. I didn't realize they had B vitamins too, which can be tricky with dosing. I just wish the marketing was more honest about the sugar content. It feels like they're targeting people who want a 'healthy' candy. Anyway, good to know I'm not alone in this.