OLLY gummies = candy? 3g sugar per serving?!

HolisticHolly949September 9, 2026
H
HolisticHolly949
Sep 9, 2026, 07:30 PM

I just bought these OLLY Women's Daily Multivitamin gummies for my daughter and I'm shocked. 3g of sugar per serving? That's like eating a couple of Skittles every day. No wonder kids think vitamins are candy. We switched to capsules years ago because I want actual nutrition, not a sugar rush. Anyone else feel these are just glorified candy?

L
LemonLiam525
Sep 9, 2026, 08:00 PM

I get where you're coming from, Holly, but for some people (like me) swallowing pills is a real struggle. I used to gag on capsules every morning. These OLLY gummies actually make me remember to take them because they taste good. 3g of sugar is nothing in the grand scheme—it's like a teaspoon. If it means I'm actually getting my vitamins, I'll take the trade-off. Namaste.

A
AlphaAdam
Sep 9, 2026, 08:30 PM

Actually, the sugar content isn't the main issue—it's the bioavailability. Gummies often have lower absorption rates for certain vitamins, and they may not contain the full RDA. That said, 3g of sugar is negligible compared to the average American diet. If you're worried about candy-fication, look at the ingredient list: glucose syrup, sugar, gelatin... yeah, it's basically candy with vitamins. But if it works for you, fine. Just don't kid yourself that it's 'clean'.

C
CrystalCathy206
Sep 9, 2026, 09:00 PM

As a broke student, I love these because they're affordable and I actually take them. But I did notice my energy crashes in the afternoon—maybe the sugar? IDK. I tried the capsule version and hated it. For me, it's better than nothing. Plus, they're on sale at Target rn. #brokeandhealthy

H
HolisticHolly949
Sep 9, 2026, 09:30 PM

Cathy, that's exactly my point—if you're crashing, maybe it's the sugar. And Adam, thanks for the backup. I'm not saying they're the devil, but let's not pretend they're a health food. I'll stick to my whole-food-based capsules.