Found SmartSweets Peach Rings at Costco for $9.99 (12 pack) - are they discontinuing or just a steal??

VibeVitamins615September 13, 2026
V
VibeVitamins615
Sep 13, 2026, 11:00 AM

Hey all, just got back from Costco and saw the SmartSweets Peach Rings 12-pack for $9.99. That's like $0.83 per bag, which is way cheaper than usual. I know they're discontinued (sad face), but does a lower price mean lower quality? Like, are these old stock or something? I'm on keto so I watch my carbs, and these are 3g sugar per bag, which is doable. But I don't wanna buy a bunch if they taste like cardboard. Anyone tried them recently? Also, is Costco just clearing out inventory? Let me know if you've seen them elsewhere for similar. TIA!

J
JuiceJenny929
Sep 13, 2026, 11:30 AM

OMG I literally just bought these at my local Target on clearance for $2.50 per bag! I was so excited because I love peach rings but usually they're loaded with sugar. These are pretty good, not exactly like the real thing but definitely satisfies the craving. The texture is a bit more chewy and they're smaller, but for the price? Total steal. I didn't notice any quality issues, just maybe slightly less peachy flavor? But I'm not picky. I say go for it if you like them. Also, I heard they're discontinued because of some supply chain thing, not because they're bad. So stock up!

N
NatureNancy257
Sep 13, 2026, 12:00 PM

I try to avoid processed stuff, but I've had these before. They're okay, but I find they have a weird aftertaste from the stevia or whatever they use. If you're used to that, then fine. But I wouldn't buy a 12-pack just because it's cheap if you don't already know you like them. Maybe try one bag first? Also, check the expiration date—sometimes clearance items are close to expiring. That could affect texture. Just my two cents.

V
VibeVitamins615
Sep 13, 2026, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the replies! Jenny, that's encouraging. Nancy, good point about expiration. I checked and they expire in 3 months, so not too bad. I think I'll grab a pack. For $10, even if they're slightly off, it's worth it for a low-sugar treat. Plus, if they're discontinued, might as well enjoy while they last. Anyone else seen them at other stores? I'm in the Midwest, btw.

J
JuiceJenny929
Sep 13, 2026, 01:00 PM

You're welcome! I'm in the Midwest too (Ohio). I saw them at Meijer too, but not on sale. Costco seems to have the best deal. Let us know how they taste from that batch! Sometimes different batches vary. And yeah, discontinued items can be hit or miss, but SmartSweets is usually consistent. Enjoy!